Smithers BC - Where Beauty and Opportunity Await
With so much to see, explore and do, the Northern BC town of Smithers offers endless reasons why 6000 people call this town home.
Situated in the Bulkley Valley, about halfway between Prince George and Prince Rupert, the town of Smithers BC is set against the Babine Mountain Range and the Hudson Bay Mountain. This picturesque community is a great base for a variety of recreational activities throughout the year.
In the summer, Smithers is well-known for its excellent fishing and hunting, golfing, hiking and canoeing and kayaking. In the winter, there is downhill and cross-country skiing, snowmobiling and snowshoeing available.
The heart of Smithers is its town which features great restaurants, shops, galleries, a museum, spas and friendly people.
Whether you are coming for a visit or plan to stay, Smithers has something for everyone.
- Learn about the history of Smithers and its founding families with a trip to the Bulkley Valley Museum
- A visit to the Smithers Art Gallery is an excellent way to spend the day
- Hike, climb, bike and ski within the Babine Mountains Recreation Area
- Visit the picturesque Twin Falls and Glacier Gulch
- Canoe and Kayak the Babine and Telkwa Rivers
- Take an adrenaline inducing whitewater rafting trip through the waters of the Bulkley River Canyon. This exciting ride is exceptionally beautiful.
- In the winter enjoy skiing and snowboarding at Hudson Bay Mountain Resort
- Fish for rainbow, sockeye, steelhead, chinook and coho salmon
- 5 Major snowmobile areas provide some of the best snowmobiling experiences in British Columbia
- Walk, jog, hike, bike or cross-country ski the Perimeter Trail
- Golf the challenging Smithers Golf & Country Club course or enjoy Riverside Par 3 (camping available)
- and so much more ....
Find your perfect home and live your dream in beautiful Smithers, BC.